a letter to my sixteen year old self | a little advice.

2/21/2018

Does anyone actually wish they were still 16 years old? It wasn't the best time for me. I decided that for today's post I wanted to have a little chat with my 16-year-old self, and to give her some much-needed advice. 

Things will get worse.

Sorry to break it to you kid, you've got a rough few years ahead of you. You'll lose loved ones, you'll lose a friend, and your relationship will progressively get worse, and worse, and worse. But let's forget about that for a second. 

Right now you're around a year into your relationship, with a boy who's a little older than you, everything you ever wanted, or so we thought. By the way, older does not mean better. Part of me wants to tell you to leave, get out of this and run as far away as you can from this boy who might just make you feel like he's ruined your life (he hasn't by the way, don't be so dramatic), but I won't. Because I know now, that the pain is temporary. You'll get back with him too, once you've broken up.

You see, this relationship is important for us in the long run, so just stick with it. Because even though things will get worse, they will get better. You'll learn a lot.

Regarding David.

Please make more of an effort. He won't be around forever and you need to make the most of the time we have left with him. Send him a message, maybe even call him. You'll regret it in the long-run.

______________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading, as always please leave me some feedback in the comments section. Head over and follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up with me when I post.

Also, you can follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my life, Facebook to see whenever I post and Instagram if you wanna see occasional dog photos. I go through stages of being absolutely obsessed with Pinterest so go follow me there too if that's your thing.

Also, anyone out there who still uses Tumblr is more than welcome to follow me there too.
I reblog cool/pretty pictures.

You can find out more about me and my blog over on the About Me page.

You Might Also Like

0 comments